Sunday, March 18, 2012

Vegan Cupcakes!!


I made chocolate cupcakes with creme frosting today, using a recipe from Chloe's Kitchen (page 205). I made things simpler and frosted them without putting the creme inside or the chocolate ganache on top. They are delicious and I can honestly say one would never know they are vegan cupcakes. I would not hesitate to serve these anytime. And they are relatively easy to make, which is a bonus.

I bet you didn't know that replacing eggs with vinegar in cake recipes is one way of making them vegan or dairy free. Yep, it's true. And the vinegar taste bakes off so you never taste it!

Voila!


My version doesn't look nearly as fancy as Chloe's, but it sure did taste yummy!

I think I'm going to try making her Thin Mint Cookies next...a vegan version of the popular Girl Scout Cookie!





No comments:

Post a Comment